Sunday, April 16, 2006

Mission Statement and Maria Taylor

So we need like a mission statement or something. Not quite Jerry McGuire, but something in that vain. I mean why are we spending our time on this little thing? I mean I think I know why, but we really should put it out there. You know something permanent.

On a separate note. In the past month, I have considered who I would write about first on this blog, and never in my wildest dreams, did I ever think it would be Maria Taylor. But here goes. So I really liked this album last year. And by liked, I mean just that. It was very likeable. I enjoyed it on a car ride or two and Conor's backing vocals are about as great as they are on the Home EP with Brit Daniels. But today is Easter. And my kids got this really big inflatable water slide from the inlaws and my family and I spent the day outside today. So I put on 11:11 and it absolutely stunned me. Now I know you indie rockers out there did not give Maria her fair dues and no one really loved this record. And I also know that some of you (Richard) don't enjoy the female vocalist, but you are missing out. For some reason she hit me today. It was simply amazing. So if you haven't heard 11:11 or you already tucked it neatly away in your cd collection (after arguing with yourself on weather to file it under Taylor or next to your Azure Ray cds) go give it a shot (or another shot).


Coming soon, why my wife hates Ben Gibbard--funny stuff.

POGS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home