Monday, April 17, 2006

a test and two songs

I didn't know if you had heard these yet. I am trying this from yousendit.com

The downloads are only available for three days

check it out

The Dears--There goes my outfit Just a great song. I listen at least once a day. The website says its only a rough cut and the final cut will have more instruments and layers. I prefer this one and I haven't even heard the final cut.

+/- Steal the Blueprints. Like the Postal Service (and dare I say it) only better.

The Ben Gibbard story. My family and I are having a nice little dinner on Saturday and the satellite radio is playing. On comes the acoustic version of Soul Meets Body. And everytime we hear DCFC, I just know my wife is gonna change her mind (she hates them if you don't already know). Well I thought this may be the day. But this acoustic version provides the listener with Ben at his whinny best and my wife states the following. A very loose translation.

"Everytime I hear him I feel like Im on a really bad date. You know the nights not going so well and he decides to get his guitar out and play you a song. You know to liven things up. And this is what comes out. And Im sitting here feeling very uncomfortable but he won't stop singing. You know"

Pretty funny stuff.

KIF

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, That's harsh.... Does your wife (uh, boyfriend) listen to the Decemberists. Because, that I could understand... I love both though

booyah

rd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home