Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Your tax dollars at work


So I'm at work and I realized why RD and I have not updated in a week. While we were originally excited about blog radio (I myself am a long time Sirius subscriber), we eventually realized how un-indie blogging has become. For god sakes they have a radio show that is being broadcasted by a satellite. We are merely pawns in this blog scene and I think its good. We're gonna keep it indie here at The Two Mirrors and we will not sell our soul to the man! (Unless of course they ask--then we are in).

In response to my last post. $17.97 for one song. To my surprise the old Darla sampler I purchased from Darla has a live version of Bermuda Highway from My Morning Jacket. So I thought I'd share a story. It was over four years ago (spring break 02) and my friend RD had just gotten back of a month long (or so) tour and he gave me a call. I assumed we would play Tiger Woods on the playstation and drink Heinekens to celebrate his homecoming. However, He said get ready we are going to Tampa. I told him no and that I was too tired and didn't really feel like going. He said that there was this band playing and I could not miss it. You guessed it that band was My Morning Jacket. I had never heard them or even heard of them. He said and I quote (very loosely, as it was four years ago) "If I am going and I have been on the road for a month, you gotta get in the car and go with me." Needless to say I put my Tiger Woods addiction on hold and got in the car with RD and SH. We drove the 3 and 1/2 hour trip to Tampa on a Wednesday night. And I started listening to Tennessee Fire and the newly released At Dawn. I didn't get it. I didn't really like it and was pretty upset that I was going. The only saving grace was Bermuda Highway. There was something about that song. Nevertheless, history was made that night. Swearing at Motorists opened up and introduced us to the "The Jacket." Hereby, requiring RD and I to name as many bands as we could by using the article "the" in place of the first word of the band name, providing it isn't already the first word (ie.. Mates of State becomes The State, but The Arcade Fire cannot become The Fire). Oh yeah the show was nothing short of perfect. I have been addicted ever since

My Morning Jacket--Bermuda Highway (live)

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I miss Tiger Woods. We need to go old school Playstation 1, Heinekens, and Bright Eyes on vinyl...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home