Sunday, May 07, 2006

Top 6 of 2006 (part 1) - R.D.


So, this isn't really a Top 6 of 2006, more of "The songs I've listened to most this year (so far)"...

6. Mogwai - Folk Death 95
From the new album Mr. Beast. This is one of my favorites albums of 2006 so far. Top notch production great artwork and powerful music.

5. The Rosebuds - Hold Hands and Fight
From the ablum Birds Make Good Neighbors. The Rosebuds went a little mellower on their 2nd full length and I love it. They stepped up the productions adding more instrumentation creating a more mature sound.

4. Animal Collective - Did You See The Words
From the album Feels. I was a little late to the Animal Collective. I'd always heard good things about them, but they never caught my attention until Feels. Now I'm faced with the task of going through their entire back catlogue.

3. Metric - Empty
From the Album Live it Out. Best guitar solo I've heard in a long time.

2. Broken Social Scene - Fire Eye'd Boy
From the album Broken Social Scene. This was by far my favorite album of 2005 and I still can't stop listening to it.

1. Tapes 'n Tapes - Cowbell
From the album The Loon. Go out and buy this album now...

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Gimme until Tuesday and mine will be up. Tomorrow is crazy. I will save my comments about yours until mine is done. It's only fair.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

As a math teacher, I'll drop 3/6 on you. I truly like 3/6 of your list. Im sure I'll eat my words at some point, but I just do not enjoy Tapes and Tapes yet. I have to give the Mogwai and Animal Collective songs another spin or two before I really commit to decision on those.

Thanks for the heads up on the new (?) sparrow house song the GVB posted. Good stuff--I don't think its as good as "When Im gone" but still good. You're so right about facts. Note the change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home