Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Canada Post Number 1


So, I recently had a friend who took a business trip to Nova Scotia. He came back with about 20 cds, most of which, are from bands I've never heard of. I haven't had a chance to listen to all of them because I got addicted to the first few I listened to. So, I thought I'd share.


MP3 Holy Fuck - Tone Bank Jungle
This track is from the self-title cd Holy Fuck. It was recorded by Dave Newfeld (Broken Social Scene fame) at Stars & Sons. From what I can gather, this cd is completely improvisation. The band name says it all.

MP3 The Remains of Brian Borcherdt - Motel
This track is from the cd The Remains of Brian Borcherdt. Brian Borcherdt is from Holy Fuck, but you would never know it. It sounds completely different, more reminiscent of Red House Painters or Pedro the Lion. I've become completely addicted to this cd.

MP3 North of America - Cities and Planes
This track is from Elements of an Incomplete Map Pt. II. This is a complilation of a previous EP, 7", B-sides and demos. It's dated 2002. I couldn't find much more info on this band. I think they broke up. This sounds like Pavement mixed with Polvo. Freaking Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home