Friday, June 09, 2006

My son is cooler than me (part 2)


Make no mistake, I am not cool. The posts on this website that are of new bands that are up and coming that you probably have never heard of are from RD. I usually find a band you probably know and just run my mouth (via the keyboard) about them and tell you why they are great or could be better. This post however makes me really un-indie. But I love this Pearl Jam song and I think you all should hear it. It makes me feel like I am in high school again skipping class and doing things I shouldn't be. I really feel old lately. It's not good. Listen up people.

Pearl Jam--Marker in the Sand (link removed via band request)


However, my wife, who gets a stamp on her indie card, has informed me, much to my surprise, that Thom Yorke reminds her of Neil Young. I've never heard it before but listen to these songs and you'll see too. Maybe I should of heard it before, but remember, I am not cool. Strike two on the indie card

Radiohead--After the Gold Rush

Neil Young--After the Gold Rush

3 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, look at your kid rocking the guitar all low style, like a mini Kurt Cobain or sumpin.

Yeah, you're not indie.

Also, when you get a chance, check out Lupe Fiasco's single "Kick/Push".

Black kids from Chi-town into skateboarding. Who knew?

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a reason some songs are know as guilty pleasures. You don't see me posting Alanis Morisette!

Indie status revoked

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kid is so Findie (Fake Indie). Who plays guitar in a freaking wife beater and shorts? Plus he has blond hair, you need to dye it black.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home