Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not what I intended


When I sat down to do this post I intended to write about the Now It's Overhead song that You Ain't No Picasso posted a few days ago. Because it's really great. I thought the first record from Now It's Overhead was outstanding but the second record was less to be desired. However, if this new song is any indication of the record, then we are all in for a real treat. It just may be the one that breaks them. But you can read all this and get the track over at YANP.

So as I started to write, I was listening to music on random and the new Bright Eyes song came on. It's called Soul Singer in a Session Band and it was recorded at Bonnaroo. The song needs some attention. I honestly ignored it for the first week that I had it. Not because I didn't like it but more because it wasn't exactly what I expected. Or maybe it was what I expected and I wasn't thrilled about it. That will be determined in the future. For now it's a fun little song and I am sure it will continue to grow on me. Plus the line "You mean nothing to no one but that's nobody's fault" just rings in my head and accurately depicts the character he is betraying.

Soul Singer in a Session Band--Bright Eyes

The lineup for Lollapalooza is just insane this year. We gotta find someone who is gonna record that Jeremy Enigk show and pray for Alcohol or Asleep.

The Just cover is available once again to those of you have the username and password to our ezarchive account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home