Sunday, July 30, 2006

So you want some music...


Here’s a sampling of what I purchased in O-town. And sorry for the weak intro picture. But I think the tunes will make up for it.

MP3--The Long Winters--Hindsight. I really think that this record is The Long Winters' strongest work to date. It’s simply fabulous. It’s an easy listen and you’ll undoubtedly find yourself tapping your feet as you listen.

MP3--Band of Horses—Our Swords. There is a demo of this song on their website that is actually better than this finalized version. It was called bass song then. But this more polished version fits much better on this record that some of you (RD) may see as a rip off from the Jacket. But I think they have their own style and I am really enjoying this record.

MP3--Pedro the Lion—Let Down. I know this floated around quite a bit on the blogs. But this cover is so eerily similar to the original that it is worth at least one listen. And yes RD Control is amazing and I am listening to more Pedro the Lion.

MP3--My Morning Jacket--Golden. RD was wrong. I love saying that. RD was wrong. When I asked him about this live acoustic EP he said it was alright and not as good as the new live stuff that is coming out from the Jacket. While I cant argue about the new live stuff because I haven’t heard it all, this little EP is simply stellar. It showcases Jim James in a bare bones acoustic performance that is just unforgettable. The last three songs are simply amazing.

Also here’s a couple of things I read/heard in the last week:

Thom Yorke is releasing a single for Harrowdown Hill in three different formats.

Ltd CD1. Harrowdown Hill2. The Drunkk Machine3. Harrowdown Hill (Extended Mix)
Ltd 7"A: Harrowdown HillB: Jetstream
Ltd 12"A: Harrowdown Hill (Extended Mix)B: The Drunkk Machine
Pre-order all three formats for five pounds from Record Store

The Stars Remix Album is going to happen. Im sorry I can’t recall where I heard this but It going to be entitled Do you trust your friends (or something close to that) and will include remixes from The Dears, Broken Social Scene, Metric, and other artists of the Canadian origin.

And on a similar note, Memphis is releasing an album soon too. Its called A little place in the wilderness. It’s slated for release on August 15, 2006, but Im not sure that date will hold true because I am finding it hard to check that date anywhere else. I never really got into the Memphis stuff but maybe this record will change that.

ZC

10 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, get my name out yo mouf. rd this rd that.

Thanks for the post. I'll check the mp3's tonight.

rd

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Didn't you know we are a homosexual site that focuses on religon. Keep up with the times.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were a political site.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

You can add that to our list too. But only because we linked taking on goliath. The DP usually handles the political realm.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Cash said...

I saw pedro play let down in orlando with death cab in like 2001 or something like that.

it was awesome!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Cash is my hero. Really I bet that was simply amazing.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Cash's indie card is laminated

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Cash said...

oh yeah, well I opened for Death Cab the first time they came through town, there were only like 10 people there, RD included.

I guess I can put my picture on my Indie card now, and have a clip put on it and a magnetic strip, eh?

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even carry a card anymore. They put a microchip in my hand.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Tim said...

by far those are my favorite

- long winters
- band of horses

songs off each of those records. Kudos for spreading the gospel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home