Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Midlake


Joey asked, so I’ll tell. I do enjoy the music of Midlake. I’m not sure if you were comparing Midlake to Band of Horses, which in essence compares them to My Morning Jacket. But I definitely think that Midlake is similar to Band of Horses. Now I don’t have the leaked version of the album which comes out July 25th, and I have only heard the two songs below, but I think the singer from Midlake definitely has a more unique and enjoyable voice than the singer in Band of Horses. However, I like Band of Horses a little better. Midlake reminds me of the 70’s. I just feel like they could have been part of the soundtrack to Almost Famous. So far. I can definitely make a better judgment when I hear both records in their entirety. Which I plan to do as soon as the Midlake record is released. Anyway for now I do think that these two songs are really great and I think you’ll enjoy them too.

MP3--Midlake--Roscoe

MP3--Midlake--We Gathered in Spring

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Thanks for the heads up on those links, yeah and Ill agree that both of these bands do kick ass. But I still stand by the notion that they have more in common than that have in oppostion. And they both remind me of My Morning Jacket. Band of Horses more than Midlake but still the comparison is there. I am excited to hear the whole midlake album soon.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

And thanks for the link over at urban jacksonville. That was very kind of you.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Saw them last night along with the Mints, and it was just superb - I managed to capture just really good video of the Mints' Seventeen Devils so that'll be up later with our duality concert reviews...

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Oh that show sounds amazing. You see I'm old and i have two kids, but the mints (You don't know how excited I am that you called them that) were in Jacksonville a few weeks ago and I didn't make it out to see them and I am certain I will regret it. Starlight Mints record is quickly making it to the top portion of my 2006 list. Can't wait to see the live video.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home