Friday, September 08, 2006

Some things I'd like to share


First off, thanks for all the love and support for my award. It has just been an insane couple of days and I have a strange feeling this year is going to be just as wild. I am truly honored and humbled by the whole experience. Okay enough of that and onto the good stuff....

1. The illustrious Clea has posted my monthly guest post over at (sm)all ages. If you guys are reading her site yet, you gotta check it out.

2. The first contest from the two mirrors is over, and even though he did not follow instructions, Cash won the Arizona EP. Congrats Cash--hope you continue to enjoy their music. And the good news is he runs an amazing record store here in Jacksonville. You should be shopping there.

3. Arizona has landed a huge gig with the Whigs at the Mercury Lounge in New York. They are asking for your/our support. If you live in New York or know anyone who lives in New York, get them to that show. They really feel like this is a turning point for their band. Read the whole thing here.

4. My song of the month (soon to be re-titled) will be up by mid week. It's a good one, I've got some great stuff to share and I promise to keep it a little shorter.

5. Im off to Orlando for the weekend. You can believe my ass will be at Park Ave. cds for some new tunes.

And now for reading all of that, a song that I think is absolutely brilliant.

The Lovely Feathers--The Only Appalachian

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're leavign yourlovely wifeand beautiful children home AGAIN so you can pursue some pie int he sky dream of being a great teacher?

I keed.... EnjoyOrlando. Hit up the TuTu for some tapas.

Or you know, the strip club with your per diem.

"Can I get that in $1 bills sir?"

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely Feathers are just brilliant...

Enjoy your time in the Sunshine State

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

I know I know I seems to keep leaving them right now. But it's for the best. I didn't make it to the tutu, actually I didn't even make it to park ave. But I 'll be back down there from Oct. 10-12. And the Ettes are playing an instore (at park ave) on the 10th and I plan to attend.

And yeah, Brad, the lovely feathers are definitely one of my favs of the year, brilliant record

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Cash said...

i'll give you instructions to follow.


listen to the new yo la tengo, its actually really good, song #4 is the best so far, the new black keys is awesome, the new tv on the radio is brilliant, the new m ward is his best so far, and believe it or not, even the new rapture ain't bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home