Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Isn't she pretty

So I got an IPOD. And I also got a Sounddock from Bose. Life is good. For years now I resisted getting an IPOD for reasons way to complicated and various to describe here. But I have one now. And life has changed. I know all you hipsters went through this life changing process years ago, but nevertheless I am here now. So I have been up countless hours adding music to my library and after tonight I will have added everything that I want on there up to the letter J. That is actually about half my cds. For those of you who don't know A-J is rather encompassing for me because of my obsession with Tori Amos, Bright Eyes, and Death Cab for Cutie. So in celebration of my first 1166 songs loaded on the old IPOD, I thought I'd try a little something. I just turned it one and pressed shuffle. Below are the first three songs that played. I did not edit or skip any songs. I kept it as real as it comes. I hope you enjoy the tracks.

Starlight Mints--Sidewalk. I posted this song before but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I actually really like the Starlight Mints. And this song happens to be one of top three favorite Mints songs. It got a great melody. The opening notes tell the whole story.

Bright Eyes--Everything Must Belong Somewhere. Oh you all can thank my IPOD another day. this track is so amazing. I think I may have mentioned my Bright Eyes obsession before. And this song is just stellar. Conor shows some of his most exceptional lyrics on this track. Please for your own good download this song. I can't promise it will stay up forever. I feel a little uneasy posting it as it is. But I set the rules for IPOD post and I had to follow them.

Death Cab for Cutie--Champagne From a Paper Cup. I really think this is the highlight from Something About Airplanes. The lyric "I think I'm drunk enough to drive you home now," tells the whole story.

7 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I wish I didn'tlike hip hop so much, because everytime i hit shuffle, I get three damn skits in a row.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Thats some funny shit. But the better question is what the hell are you doing up at 4:59. Did taking on goliath have some breaking news?

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you only did A-J, why the hell is Starlight Mints coming up?

It took me two weeks just to load "P" in my Ipod.

rd

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

I already had some cds on my computer captain technology

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Technology???? Who called me yesterday to ask me questions about their Ipod? Actually, who's Ipod has a larger hard drive than their computer?

Did flavobean change his name to be even more hip hop. The post is now from Flaobean...

Flay-o-been keeping it real

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, let me tell you... being an Adonis means that you have to get up extra early to hit the gym.

But I have been paying for it.

Sleep don't come easy.

As far as RD, I can't type man. You see that comment? I missed a space bar, didn't capitilize an "I". I would normally blame it on the early morning factor, but the truth is that I am the worst at typing.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home