Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Shifted Sound and the D


The fine folks over at Shifted Sound are running a great podcast that you should be listening to. The Two Mirrors received an email from Shelby Miller, the host, about a recent episode that featured The Two Mirrors favs Arizona. So I went over and listened to my first ever podcast and was thouroughly pleased. Not only did Shelby provide a fantastic interview which provided much insight into the making of Welcome Back Dear Children, but he also played some fantastic tunes from Arizona. All of the tunes were preceded by an introduction by one of the members of the band. The Shifted Sound Arizona interview can be heard here:

Shifted Sound Episode 023

I highly suggest that you sign up and listen to Shelby's podcast. He has featured bands such as Bishop Allen, Irving, The Long Winters, Oh No Oh My, Maria Taylor, and many more. Upcoming podcasts will include exclusive live tracks from John Ralston, a show cohosted by Wintergreen's Drew Mottinger and more.

And for those of you who are wondering, the IPOD loading is still going on. I am up to letter T in my library and while I have been loading I have been reminded of some fantastic music that I own that I may have forgotten about. If you don't laugh at this song below than you should check your pulse. Good stuff that reminds me of Dinosaur World and mullets.

Tenacious D--Inward Singing

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to the Podcast last night. Sounded great!

Don't forget mesh-back hats.

rd

http://www.dinoworld.net/

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Man I just checked out that dinoworld link and I was cracking up. Good times were had by all on that trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home