Sunday, July 02, 2006

Another Bright Eyes Song (not new)


So I had yet to listen to this version of An Attempt to Tip the Scales from Bonnaroo. I never go seek this song out, but everytime I hear it I remind myself how great of song it is. This version, as does this original, is a little drawn out at the end, but man the lyrics are amazing in this song. I say this next sentence alot, just ask my wife and RD, but this is one of the best Bright Eyes songs around. I think it gets forgotten because on the record (Fevers and Mirrors for those of you who were wondering) it leads into that crazy hoax interview and the recorded version of A Song to Pass the Time (which is another time you'll hear me say...) Anyway take a listen below.

Bright Eyes--An Attempt to Tip the Scales (live at Bonnaroo)

Bonus: The fine folks over at (sm)all ages suggested I post over at her site a few of the little Champagne's favorit tracks. I'm working on that post, slowly but surely. I thought I'd share one of their favorites with our reader's first. By the way, Dad likes this band alot too.

Starlight Mints--Popsickle

3 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RD--I knew youd read the comment. There is a new (?) Steven Malkmus song over at Sterogum. I think it's called METS to infinity. I know you already have it, but I thought I put it out there for you just in case.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always been on of my favorite BE songs. Thanks for the Malkmus info... I didn't know.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Are We There Yet? said...

Hello! Please oh please get your post ready. And yeah, ez archive links will work stupendously. Do you have my email? Send 'em my way! I need the help this week, I'm still recovering from my episode with the summer flu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home