Sunday, September 17, 2006

Now It's Overhead


I know I know I should have gone to the show. I can't tell you guys how many times I have said those words to RD. I always seem to miss the really good shows. Now I have seen my share of amazing ones too, but life sometimes gets in the way. (It's a life that I wouldn't trade for the world by the way).

Anyway Now It's Overhead have been a band that I have listened to for quite some time now. Yet, for some reason they have never made it to that level of "the next greatest thing" (or something like that). Well this new record may just change that. I am really enjoying thier new album Dark Light Daybreak. I think the following two tracks are two of their finest. I think you should be listening too.

Now It's Overhead--Night Vision

Now It's Overhead--Nothing in Our Way

6 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zak is all pissed that I haven't posted since 09/06. BITE ME. I post when I want to - deal with it.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

and you haven't posted about music since 9/1.

Step up your game

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this new record may just change that.

I'm glad to see that Zak has joined the rock critic echelon by trotting out such a tired phrase.

Yes, this phrase was apt when Marc Spitz said it about "Bleach". Or when Jan Wenner said it about "Blood on the Tracks."

But thisphrase has alsobeen used to describe sophomore releases bybands like Wang Chung, Vanilla Ice, and Milli Vanilli.

Oh yeah, I'm rocking the critic patrol today.

Also, is this RD's time of the month? He's a little grouchy.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Okay Critic patrol, i'll be your fact checking cuz (inadvertent pavement reference. RD and I need some making up). Bleach was actually Nirvana's first record so how could Marc Spitz say that overused quote about thier second record. Come on..

And by the way I really didn't realize I said that. It is pretty bad.

POGS

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, who loves you baby?

I just wanted to get in on the mudslinging over here.

It's all "We hate Bush" over at my site. Which you know, never gets old, unless he's handing out $10k checks TO THE BEST FUCKING MATH TEACHER IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!!!

I heart Champagne.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is to tell you that your cousin Fanny is married?
buy hydrocodone online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home