Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independents Day!


A couple of good folks turned me on to this idea and I couldn't decide if it was non-patriotic or not. You know substituting independence with Independents. Anyway, I'll give you all a synopsis of the day and the I'll reward you with a couple of good independent tunes. So the four of us got up bright and early and headed to the Zoo. Where we couldn't decide if it would be packed because of the holiday or empty because of the holiday. We were leaning toward the former. To our surprise it was empty. We played at the new play park and enjoyed a train ride. (we are members by the way). Good times were had by all. The kiddies especially enjoyed the monkeys. After the zoo, we headed home in which both kids fell fast asleep. They napped and I worked. Then we all went on a nice bike ride and ate dinner outside while lighting sparklers (aiding first time). Overall it was a fantastic 4th of July.

Two independent bands to listen to today.

So RD turned me onto the Lovely Feathers with his Canada posts. I have also since reported some background info on the band so I'll be short winded here. RD said he didn't love the whole record and I am not yet promising a top 10 of 06 spot just yet, but I like it. Don't get me wrong here either, Photocorners is certainly the highlight, but it may be worth giving it another spin RD.
The Lovely Feathers--Frantic

So this hopefully will round out my Bright Eyes addiction for a while. I know I've been posting alot about them lately, but hey the blog is named after a bright eyes tune, so we should pay homage when necessary. Anyway this track is a cover of a Bruces song and it comes from the Lua single. I remember when we first got this single back in November of 04. RD and I listened non stop. I had forgotten about this song until..........well the story is simply to long and boring to tell when I have already bored you with a synopsis of the day. Just enjoy the song.

Bright Eyes--I Woke Up With This Song in My Head This Morning.

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

anyone who wants to hear the Bright Eyes story could just give me a call and I'd be happy to tell you. You know I like to talk

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me guess... you woke up and the song was just stuck in your head all day.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down with the "Reasons to own a Record Player" post, but we need to find a time to get together.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home