Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Dave Pittman Birthday EP

So, DP is 27 today. First and foremost, I've said it before, you should check out his blog--Taking on Goliath--for your up to date information on the crazy things our government does. Anyway, I wanted to let you all enjoy the Dave Pittman Birthday Ep. 6 songs that were chosen to supplement Hank (see Taking on Goliath for details). For all of you out there who have not had the pleasure of having such a friend in your life, I'm sorry. But DP you are the man and I wish you the best birthday. By the way the picture above is from The Tibetan Freedom Concert in 1998 in RFK, ironically where Dave spent his Saturday.

Voxtrot--Rise up in the Dirt. Dave claims Voxtrot is a winter only band. I understand his point so I tried to find a song of theirs that felt like the summer. This song is the best I could do, but I really think if you are not listening to Voxtrot yet, then you have some issues you should work out in your musical tastes.

Plus/Minus--Steal the Blueprints. This is from their forthcoming album. You see Dave and I have some history with Plus/Minus and I think he may have forgotten how amazing they are. So enjoy this one for the old times DP.

The Long Winters--The Commander Thinks Aloud. So this track is probably not the most characteristic of The Long Winters, but it is undeniably one of their best. Think David Bowie doing space oddity for indie rockers. I am really beginning to like this band.

Gnarls Barkley--Smiley Faces. Come on DP, you gotta get on board or it will be too late. These guys are simply amazing. You cannot enjoy the summer of 06 without Gnarls Barkley. This song makes me so happy and it makes this boy feel like he can dance.

Starlight Mints--Sidewalk. This is from their new record Drownatown and I love it. This is the last song on the cd and it is so worth the wait. The ride through the cd is well worth the trip too. This is another song that is maybe a little uncharacteristic of their music as a whole, but it is amazing.

Arizona--Splintering. This may be an overstatement. But I cannot envision myself ever making another mix tape without this track on it. These guys are brilliant. See previous post and comments for more details.

Happy Birthday DP!

4 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

Happy Birthday Dave

R.D.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Rchard on that trip too?

Man I love me some Dudley.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Zak Champagne said...

RD was in the house. Did you get Hank these songs now that you can right click and save as? You gotta take care of Hank now.

PO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home